Fachhochschule Erfurt – Fachrichtung Bauingenieurwesen

Startseite FHE

Seitennavigation

Springen Sie direkt zu einem der folgenden Seitenbereiche:


Auswahl Sprache, Layout und Schriftgröße


{$bild_alttext_eng}

Hauptnavigation


1991 - The University of Applied Sciences Erfurt is founded

The University of Applied Sciences Erfurt was founded on 1 July 1991. Although a genuine new foundation, it continues the traditions of practice-oriented educational institutions such as the Royal Prussian School of Construction (1901), the School of Horticulture Engineering (1946) and the School of Civil Engineering (1947).

Teaching began in five departments in 1991. Today, students are studying in 12 disciplines across 6 faculties.

The Department of Civil Engineering started teaching in 1991 with 6 professors and two lecturers. In addition to an undergraduate diploma course in Civil Engineering, in the first few years an additional one-year course of study was also offered to graduates of the engineering schools of the former GDR, with the possibility of post-qualification as Dipl.-Ing.(FH).

The Civil Engineering program, which was in development since the University of Applied Sciences was founded, was based on the standards that were common in the civil engineering departments of the Universities of Applied Sciences in the West German states. The department opted for a course program with six semesters of study, a work placement semester and an examination semester, during which the diploma thesis was also to be written. In terms of content, the department was guided by the "Academic Regulations for the Diploma Examination in Civil Engineering at Universities of Applied Sciences", which were only adopted by the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs in 1999, but the main parts of which were already published in the early 1990s.

2001 - Relocation Part 1 - Bachelor/Master

Campus FHE, Building 5

With the completion of Building 5 on the campus of the University of Applied Sciences in Altonaer Straße, the Department of Civil Engineering was able to move to its new home during the winter semester break in 2001. Thanks to the diligent cooperation of all those involved, the department was able to resume its work at the beginning of the summer semester. The extensive laboratory area remained in Werner-Seelenbinder-Straße until the completion of the laboratory building (summer 2008). For the coming years, this resulted in restricted timetables and additional commuting distances for everyone involved.

At the beginning of the winter semester 2001/2002, the changeover to the new Bachelor's and Master's programs took place. These enable students to prepare themselves for the changing demands of the job market while maintaining the high quality of academic education achieved in Germany.

The previous diploma course was continued within the "Y" model, as a consecutive course of study based on the Bachelor's course. This special regulation ended in the winter semester 2008/2009.

2003 - Accreditation

We were one of the first faculties of Civil Engineering in Germany to receive accreditation for the new Bachelor's and Master's degree courses.

23.09.2003 Accreditation Bachelor Civil Engineering

25.09.2003 Accreditation Master Civil Engineering

Re-accreditation of new degree programs must be applied for after 5 years at the latest.

2005 - Wolfgang Storm Laboratory Hall

After an official handover ceremony in summer 2005, the newly built laboratory hall on the campus was put into operation by the departments involved. In addition to the use of the large experimental hall, our department has access to further modern computer and laboratory facilities.

Spring 2008 - The faculty is founded

In March 2008, the departments of Civil Engineering and Conservation / Restoration merged to form a single faculty, which is now the basic organisational unit of the two disciplines.

Autumn 2008 - Relocation Part 2 - Academic Reform

During the summer months, the labs finally moved from W.-Seelenbinder-Strasse to the new laboratory building. One of the exciting highlights was the installation of the department's mechanical testing machines. Therefore the commuting between the two previous locations was finally history.

Photos of the relocation of the testing machines in summer 2008

From winter semester 2008/2009, the Civil Engineering faculty launched a new course structure. The objectives of the structural reform were to improve the feasibility of studying the Bachelor's program and to provide more practical training by means of a separate work placement block in the 7th semester.
The new 3-semester Master's program offers two degree programs - Structural Engineering and Civil Engineering, Management, Urban Infrastructure - the characteristics of which are better suited to the needs of the construction industry.

The reorganisation of the module structure was also designed to improve the student experience. Detailed explanations can be found on the Prospective Students page.

At present, 13 professors and two lecturers are teaching in the department. In addition, teaching duties are also carried out by experienced engineers from the construction industry. About 350 students are enrolled in the department's degree programs.

The department is proud of its high graduate placement rate. The majority find a job directly after graduation. Some companies even inquire about the availability of our alumni.

2009 - Re-accreditation of Bachelor's/Master's programs

Re-accreditation certificates were awarded for the Bachelor's and Master's degree programs.

24.03.2009 Re-accreditation of the Bachelor's in Civil Engineering

24.03.2009 Re-accreditation of the Master's in Civil Engineering

2015 - Initiation of the re-accreditation of Bachelor's and Master's programs

In spring 2015, applications for re-accreditation or new accreditation of the following degree courses were completed and the documents were submitted to the Accreditation Committee on schedule:

  • Bachelor's in Civil Engineering (re-accreditation)
  • Bachelor's in Civil Engineering as a cooperative degree (new accreditation)
  • Master's in Civil and Structural Engineering (re-accreditation)
  • Master's in Civil Engineering, Management and Urban Infrastructure (re-accreditation)

Postal Address

Fachhochschule Erfurt
Fakultät BKR
FR Bauingenieurwesen
Postfach 45 01 55
99051 Erfurt

Address for Visitors

Fachhochschule Erfurt
FR Bauingenieurwesen
Department of Civil Engineering
Altonaer Straße 25
99085 Erfurt
Building 5, Room 5.1.21


© 2007-2015

www.fh-erfurt.de/bau/index.php?id=685

 

OK

Hinweis
Diese Website verwendet (essentielle) Cookies. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Datenschutzerklärung