University of Applied Sciences

Seitennavigation

Springen Sie direkt zu einem der folgenden Seitenbereiche:


Auswahl Sprache, Layout und Schriftgröße


Erfurt University of Applied Science

Hauptnavigation

Weltoffene Hochschulen gegen Fremdenfeindlichkeit

A University with a future

A short account of the courses offered by UAS Erfurt

Aerial photograph of the UAS Erfurt Campus
Aerial photograph of the Campus (Photo: Jörg Behrens)

The Erfurt University of Applied Sciences was founded on the 1st of October 1991, following a long-standing tradition of engineering eductation in Erfurt. It initially comprised six Departments: Architecture, Social Work, Civil Engineering, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture and  Supply Engineering.  The four latter Departments emanated from the Engineering Colleges for Horticulture and Civil Engineering, founded in 1946 and 1947 respectively. These Engineering Colleges were incorporated, along with their departmental edifices, into the FHE. Due to the good reputation of the predecessor facilities, many citizens of Erfurt still associate the UAS with these Engineering Colleges.

On the 15th of October 1992, the new Business Department (today: Business Administration) was opened. At the start of the 1994/ 95 winter term, the secondary course of Business Engineering in the new Transport and Communications Department was initiated. In the same year, the Department of Restoration (today: Conservation and Restoration) was added. Both represent real innovations in universities in the more recent Federal States of Germany.

These offerings were supplementd in 2000 with the commencement of the interdisciplinary Bachelor of Applied Computer Science course, which from 2004 on included a Master's course. The start of the 2007/ 08 winter course saw the commencement of the Bachelor's course in Forestry and Ecosystem Management, which continued the course offered by the Schwarzburg University of Forestry, which closed in 2008, in a new form. This course was included in the Department of Landscape Architecture and Horticulture, which since then has been designated as Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Forestry. In the 2007/2008 winter term, the Early Childhood Education Bachelor course was started, initially as a day release course. This course is included under the Department of Social Work. 

In 2008, the constitution of UAS Erfurt was reorganised, this being valid from 1st July. Amongst other aspects, the designations of the posts, the selection procedures and the period of occupation of the posts have changed. In addition, the actual structure of the University itself has changed: By fusing together the earlier Departments, 6 Faculties have been created. These are:

  • Faculty of Architecture
  • Faculty of Civil Engineering and Conservation/Restoration 
  • Faculty of Engineering in Building and Computer Science 
  • Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Forestry
  • Faculty of Social Studies
  • Faculty of Business, Logistics and Transport

These Faculties now form the basic organisational units of the University. Each brings together related disciplines or cooperating courses.

One reason for the continually large and growing needs of students can be found in this many-sided spectrum of disciplines. While other Thuringian universities mostly specialise in technical disciplines, the very broad array of courses on offer at Erfurt are multi-disciplinary and diverse. Moreover, the University reacts to the requirements on modern, practically-oriented and up-to-date student education by continually modifying the courses to fit these needs.


© 2007-2015

www.fh-erfurt.de/index.php?id=303

 

OK

Hinweis zum Datenschutz
Diese Website verwendet Cookies und die Analysesoftware Google Analytics.
Weitere Informationen zu den gespeicherten Daten und eine Widerrufsmöglichkeit finden Sie in der Datenschutzerklärung