Irrigation and Drainage Technology
The following practical experiments can be carried out in this lab:
- Electric instantaneous water heater - The purpose, function and operation of the components and modules of the VED 21 E electric instantaneous water heater are determined by means of structural analysis. For different flow rates, the effective currents must be measured across the heating resistors of the instantaneous water heater and the respective electrical power consumption must be calculated. The heat output and the efficiency of the instantaneous water heater are calculated with the help of the hot water quantities detected and the inlet and outlet temperatures of the water.
- Booster station - This experiment aims to demonstrate the necessity of using pressure boosting systems in the field of drinking water installation. The behaviour of individual pumps is studied using a pump test rig, with particular attention paid to variable-speed operation. Furthermore, it is possible to show the change in fluidic parameters in various pump circuits.
- Resistance coefficients of fittings - The resistance coefficients of selected water fittings are to be determined on a test rig in relation to their design and the flow velocity of the water..
- Demonstration panel for drinking water hygiene – This system can be used to demonstrate the function of various assemblies with regard to their use for compliance with drinking water hygiene or to examine them metrologically.
- Water management system – With the help of a computer-aided system, it is possible to set parameters for valves in an installation, monitor them and document how they function.