1. You are here:
  2. Organizational Matters
  3. Reporting an accident

Reporting an accident

During their university studies, students are covered by state accident insurance. This means that all accidents have to be reported.

How to report an accident

If you have an accident on the university campus, on the way to or from a lecture or while taking part in student sports activities, you must always file an accident report.

Please hand in the accident report to the Student Admissions Office or send it by post. After it has been officially signed, the accident report is forwarded to the Thuringian Accident Insurance Fund (Unfallkasse Thüringen), which usually covers the costs incurred.

Any accidents that take place during work placements must be reported to the host company's employers' liability insurance association (Berufsgenossenschaft).


Student Admissions Office