The University of Applied Sciences Erfurt is renowned for its broad spectrum of disciplines, which offers excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary project work, an aspect that is to be furthered by the establishment of two main areas of research.
Please feel free to approach the contacts for the respective research areas directly if the information provided here is of interest to you.
You can also find the research priorities of the University of Applied Sciences Erfurt on the research map of the German Rectors' Conference (HRK):
If you have any questions about potential cooperation arrangements or if you are interested in establishing new contacts, our Service Centre for Research and Transfer is at your disposal.
Sustainable planning and construction, land use and resource management and societal transformation
The focus is on sustainability-oriented planning, construction, living, land use and resource management as well as the development of innovative technologies with regard to societal and social challenges and interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research.
45 researchers from various faculties are currently engaged in this area.
- sustainable land use and climate resilience,
- urban and spatial planning,
- biological diversity and sustainability strategies, resource-friendly approaches to building and living,
- societal transformation,
- renewable energy systems.
Sustainable mobility, logistics and infrastructure
The Transport and Spatial Planning Institute and other departments are engaged in interdisciplinary research on aspects of sustainable mobility that include the following:
- new propulsion technologies (hydrogen/energy supply)
- optimizing non-motorized transport
- cooperative, connected and automated mobility
- mobility as a service
- alternative propulsion technologies (fuel cells, electric vehicles),
- logistics (last mile),
- effects of automated mobility,
- optimizing non-motorized transport,
- mobility as a service,
- infrastructure support for automated transport