Economic life in Germany is characterized by the diversity of modern society, influenced by globalization and demographic change. We can only be economically successful if we recognize and utilize the diverse resources we have, i.e. the diversity of our workforce and the various needs of our customers and business partners. A diversity of employees with a variety of skills and talents opens up opportunities for innovative and creative solutions.
By implementing the Diversity Charter in our organization, we aim to create a working environment free of prejudice. All members of staff should be appreciated - irrespective of their gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Recognizing and cultivating this diverse potential can greatly benefit our organization.
By creating a climate of acceptance and mutual trust, we aim to have a positive impact on our reputation with business partners and clients in Germany and throughout the world.
Under this Charter we will
- foster a corporate culture marked by mutual respect and appreciation. We will create the necessary conditions for managers and employees to recognise, share and live out these values. This demands a particular commitment on the part of managers and supervisors.
- review our personnel procedures to ensure that they do justice to the diverse abilities and talents of all employees and to our expectations of performance.
- recognise the diversity of society inside and outside the organisation, value the potential contained within and use it to the benefit of the organisation.
- make the implementation of the Charter the subject of internal and external dialogue.
- inform the public annually about our activities and the progress towards the promotion of diversity and recognition.
- inform our employees about diversity and include them in the implementation of the Charter.
We are convinced that by embracing and valuing diversity, we can have a positive impact on society in Germany.